When you have a mid-range budget, finding the best home theater system could be difficult. Fortunately, some brands are producing high-quality soundbars even under 200. Though it won’t have the same performance as some advanced audio devices, still you could enjoy entertaining content with pleasure.
Finding the best soundbars under $200 is a rigorous process, and it takes time. Because depending on the brand and price, product features vary. The good thing is, I have picked the top products from an extensive collection. However, if you could allocate a little more, you can check this list of soundbars for under 300 dollars.
Best Soundbar Under $200: SAMSUNG HW-T550
If you want to use the soundbar with smart televisions or HD television, especially for Samsung TVs, this is a perfect item. It creates endless opportunities to enjoy all kinds of content at home with the best sound setting.
- DTS Virtual: X creates a theatre-like vibe at home by delivering 3D surround sound.
- Smart technology detects the type of content and optimizes the audio accordingly.
- Heavy-duty wireless subwoofer to deliver topnotch bass and it is easy to install anywhere.
- Besides HDMI connection for standard TVs, it features Bluetooth connectivity to pair multiple devices.
- For optimized sound in gaming, you can connect the console bar directly to the soundbar.
- Additional wireless kit to expand the speakers and get a true surround sound at home.
Best Soundbar Under $150: Polk Audio Signa S2
The Signa S2 model from Polk is a powerful sound system that you can pair with most of the televisions from renowned brands including Samsung and LG. Its sleek and lightweight design allows it to fit easily on a tabletop under the TV.
- 5 full-range powerful speakers to cover a large space, and the sound is loud enough without distortion.
- HDMI ARC, optical input & AUX input methods to pair with standard and 4K TVs; all cables are included.
- Features Dolby Digital decoding technology to deliver clear voice and reduces voice delays to sync with scenes.
- Dedicated subwoofer for quality bass, and it is wireless to install wherever you want.
- Wireless streaming from phones and tablets and easy to enjoy Spotify, Pandora, TuneIn, and more.
Best Soundbar with Subwoofer Under $200: JBL Bar 2.1
If you have experience with different audio devices, you must know about the popular brand JBL. They have brought this item with a compact design but with more power for top-quality audio.
- Dolby Digital and JBL surround sound to provide 3D cinematic sound same as theater.
- Two front speakers with 300-Watt output that creates loud sound with clarity.
- 6.5-inch wireless subwoofer for seamless connection and delivers deep and rich bass.
- HDMI, AUX, USB, and Bluetooth connections to pair modern televisions, PC, as well as smartphone.
- Balanced and optimized sound for movies, gaming, and music streaming.
Best TV Soundbar Under $200: Sony S200F
If you don’t have much space to install a full-size home theatre, this Sony S200F is a better alternative. It features a sleek and compact design to space on the TV stand.
- Sleek and compact design, which is easy to install on the wall and also on the tabletop.
- Suitable to enjoy all kind of TV content with clear audio and loud sound.
- Built-in subwoofer delivers heavy and well-balanced bass that feels thrilling.
- Easy to operate the Sony television and this soundbar with a single remote controller.
- S-FORCE pro sound technology delivers surround sound to fill the room.
- HDMI arc connectivity to pair with modern TVs and Bluetooth connectivity for wireless pairing.
Best Bluetooth Soundbar Under $200: YAMAHA SR-B20ABL
If your living room is comparatively compact and you want something space-saving, this is for you. Even though it is a compact device, it still delivers high-quality sound with powerful speakers.
- Comes with two built-in subwoofers and ensures deep and thrilling bass in all settings.
- With the DTS Virtual: X, you will get 3D surround sound like the theatre to enjoy movies.
- Voice enhancement technology for dialogue clarity and optimized sound for movies and gaming.
- Optical and HDMI connections to pair with modern televisions and supports 4K pass-through.
- Easy operation with the free app and any standard TV remote for users’ convenience.
- You can directly connect your smartphone and tablet for streaming podcast, music, and more.
Best Soundbar for Dialogue Under $200: ZVOX AV203
This is an ideal soundbar to enjoy movies as well as regular TV programs at crystal clear sound. You won’t miss any dialogue while watching a regular TV program. Super compact and lightweight to install flawlessly regardless of the space.
- Two full-range speakers deliver powerful and clear audio that feels comfortable to hear.
- Optimizes voice from the scene and reduces background noise for dialogue clarity.
- PhaseCue virtual surround sound technology to enjoy 3D room-filling audio.
- Provides six levels of voice boost with AccuVoice hearing aid technology.
- Simple remote controller with large buttons to control the sound settings.
Best 2.1 Sound Bar Under $200: VIZIO SB3821-C6
Looking for a soundbar under $200 to enjoy music with the best sound output? Then you would love this unit, which features a powerful sound system.
- Easy to operate with the remote controller from up to 600 feet distance.
- Powerful front speakers deliver crystal clear audio at 100dB, which is enough for most content.
- Individual wireless subwoofer for seamless pairing with the soundbar and gives deep bass.
- Dolby Digital, DTS TruVolume, and DTS audio post-processing to enjoy theatre-like surround sound.
- Built-in Bluetooth connection to stream music wirelessly from phone and tablets.
Best Bass Soundbar Under $150: Vmai 120W
Sound Bar, TV Sound Bar with Subwoofer, 120W 2.1 Soundbar, Wired & Wireless Bluetooth 5.0 Speaker for TV, 34 Inch, HDMI/Optical/Aux/USB, Wall Mountable, Bass Adjustable Surround Sound for Home Theater
If you want to enjoy all kinds of content with your soundbar, go for this Vmai device. It is a powerful audio device that can turn your home into a theatre with a high-quality audio output.
- Two full-range speakers with 120-Watt output to cover a large space at home.
- Four different sound modes are available – movies, music, news, and 3D to get optimized sound.
- Separate subwoofer to install anywhere in the room, which delivers powerful bass.
- HDMI ARC, Optical, USB, and AUX input methods to pair with TV and PC.
- Available Bluetooth connection to pair phones and tablets wirelessly to stream music and podcast.
- Hassle-free installation and easy operation with remote controller and touch panel.
Best Fire TV Soundbar Under $150: TCL Alto 8+
The soundbar is designed by the well-known brand TCL. This is the Fire TV edition, which means you can pair the device with 4K Fire TV, UHD TV, HDR, and more to enjoy all kinds of content.
- Built-in subwoofer for compactness and delivering deep and rich bass for music streaming.
- Immersive acoustic performance for cinematic sound at home.
- Tuned for optimized audio output including movie, music, and news mode.
- Suitable to enjoy all the OTT platforms with it including Netflix, Prime Video, Spotify, and more.
- Voice remote controller with built-in Alexa to control it with voiceover for users’ convenience.
- Features HDMI, Optical, USB, and Bluetooth connectivity to pair with versatile devices.
Best Soundbar with Subwoofer Under $150: LG SN5Y
LG soundbars are used to be expensive, but this one comes with affordable pricing. It is high res audio soundbar, which is ideal for all kind of content.
- 400-watt immersive audio output gives a boost to the sound output from your television.
- Adaptive audio technology detects the type of content and optimizes the sound accordingly.
- DTS Virtual: X technology ensures you are getting all detail close to the real sound.
- A dedicated subwoofer delivers heavy bass that has enough depth.
- Multiple connections to pair with different devices – HDMI ARC, Optical, and Bluetooth 5.0
- Comes with an expansion kit to add rear speakers wirelessly and get cinematic 3D sound at home.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I have a Dolby Atmos soundbar within 200?
Dolby Atmos is an advanced feature that requires a good television and a better audio setting. Finding a low-budget product with Dolby Atmos is difficult. However, you would find other Dolby sound technologies in this price range.
Why do some soundbars come with a built-in subwoofer instead of a dedicated one?
It mostly happens when the manufacturer wants to keep the sizing compact. However, built-in subwoofers may also deliver better audio in the right setting.
What is the benefit of a separate subwoofer?
If you pick a soundbar with a separate subwoofer, it means you can install it anywhere in the room. Especially if it is a wireless subwoofer, you will have more convenience.
Can I add additional speakers with my existing soundbar?
Yes, you can. But this requires a Bluetooth connection in the device for multiple pairing at the same time. For instance, SAMSUNG HW-T550 in this list comes with an expansion kit to add more speakers.
What does optimize audio mean in a soundbar?
Sometimes a soundbar features different built-in modes to enjoy various content at the best audio setting. It is a smart feature for soundbars that help to change modes based on content type.
Regardless of your demand, this list of best soundbars under $200 could satisfy you by providing the right product. Each of the items in the list has distinct features depending on price and brands. But if you consider the quality, they are good within that particular price range. So, you may pick any of these items without worrying about their level of performance.