What could be the best affordable soundbar for you? Well, when someone uses the term affordable, the price range varies from person to person. Someone’s affordability could be expensive for another person. It is never a constant thing.
The price of soundbars varies depending on their features. Some devices come with advanced features which also need modern televisions. For instance, if you buy a top-class advanced soundbar, it may need to pair with a 4K television for optimal performance. On the other hand, some items support all standard televisions and PCs.
To make this list helpful for everyone, I have gone for as low as $50 and as high as $300. Only the Sonos Beam soundbar on this list is exceptional. It is the best performer on our list, and you can call it an all-in-one package. The price goes higher for its outstanding features.
Considering all the above, here I have picked the top 10 soundbars for your further consideration:
Best Cheap Soundbar: TaoTronics TT-SK023
If you want to go for a cheap option, choosing this TaoTronics would be a wise decision. Despite the low price, it doesn’t miss any feature that you wish. The wall-mountable soundbar is sleek and compact for your convenience.
- Easy operation with the remote controller and features an LED screen to see the details of settings.
- 3 different equalizer modes are available – games mode, movie mode, and music mode.
- Delivers high-quality audio for a room-filling experience in a small room setup.
- A wide range of connectivity includes standard audio cable, optical, and RCA.
- Bluetooth 5.0 for wireless connection which is also suitable for streaming music from your mobile device.
Best Value for Money Soundbar: Bose Solo 5
The Bose Solo soundbar is a perfect choice for high-end audio at a minimal price. The single soundbar delivers enhanced audio with details and has the bass mode. It is easy to install and comes in a compact design for hassle free installation.
- Multiple audio input methods include Coaxial audio, Optical audio, and 3.5m aux input for convenience.
- Features a universal remote for flawless control of your television and the soundbar.
- Versatile design allows to install the device anywhere and it doesn’t affect the audio performance.
- Dedicated dialogue mode for dialogue clarity; you will enjoy all the details even in low volume.
- Wireless connectivity with Bluetooth for music streaming from the phone and similar devices.
Best Soundbar Under $50: Majority Bowfell
What about a soundbar just under $50? Sounds unbelievable? Well, in that case, you should check this soundbar from Majority which is an ideal alternative to the built-in TV speakers.
- It supports both old devices and smart televisions with multiple connectivities – AUX, USB, and Optical.
- Comes with all the essential cables for free include 3.5mm cable, Optical cable, 3.5mm to RCA cable.
- Ultra-compact and lightweight design to fit anywhere at home and enjoy good quality audio.
- Easy to connect with the phone via Bluetooth and stream music on the soundbar.
- Comes with a big remote controller for flawless control of the settings.
Best Affordable Soundbar with Subwoofer: BOMAKER Tapio V
Did you ever think of a soundbar with a subwoofer for under $100? Yes, it is possible when you are buying the Bomaker Ultra-Slim 2.1 soundbar. You can check more devices like this from our list of soundbars under $100.
- Ultra-slim and classy design that fits anywhere – wall mount and tabletop.
- Detachable soundbar that delivers stereo and room-filling audio output without audio distortion.
- It is compatible with 4K TC, HD TV, PC, Tablet, Projector, and more devices via Optical, AUX, USB, and more.
- 5 different preset modes include movie, music, and bass that make all entertaining content enjoyable.
- Seamless wireless connection with Bluetooth that makes it easy to stream music from your mobile and computer.
Best Budget Soundbar Under $150: Polk Audio Signa S2
Are looking for a good quality soundbar under $150 but with surround sound technology? If so, go for the Polk Audio Signa S2. The audio device is designed to pair with televisions to enjoy a wide range of things. It is a versatile product that suits all purposes and content.
- Ultra-slim design for hassles free installation and it easily fits under the television or on the wall.
- Wireless subwoofer to install anywhere in the room to get deep, thrilling, and rich bass for movies, gaming, and music.
- Features 5 powerful full-range drivers for loud and surround audio at home.
- Dolby Digital decoding technology ensures dialogue and audio clarity – reduces voice delays.
- Supports HDMI ARC, Optical input, and AUX input to pair the soundbar with 4K HD TVs.
- Wireless music streaming from any Bluetooth supported audio device with a built-in Bluetooth connection.
Best Budget Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer: JBL Bar 2.1
If you have a mid-range budget and looking for a powerful soundbar, JBL bar 2.1 is for you. It is a two-channel soundbar combined with a subwoofer for the ultimate audio package. Regardless of the purpose, it performs well. To compare more products from this price range, have a look at the list of soundbars under $200.
- Powerful speakers with 300-watt audio output that gives enough loudness and provide details in audio.
- Features 6.5″ wireless subwoofer, which provides deep bass for movies, music, and gaming and balances the audio.
- JBL surround sound technology provides a virtual 3D sound that fills the room for theatre style audio.
- Dolby Digital technology enhances the audio and reduces audio distortion.
- Easy operation with remote controller and it supports standard TV remotes.
- HDMI, USB, AUX, and Bluetooth audio input for versatility and pairing with all kinds of devices.
Best Budget TV Soundbar: SAMSUNG HW-T650
To get high-quality audio output from Samsung TV or modern TVs, SAMSUNG HW-T650 is a perfect audio device. It can satisfy all kinds of demands that people aspect from an audio device. You can check more soundbars under $300 from here.
- To give real 3D surround sound, it features DTS Virtual X, which will fill the room like a theatre.
- Dedicated wireless subwoofer, which delivers powerful and deep bass for music, movies, and similar purposes.
- Ensures dialogue clarity with built-in center speaker and you won’t miss any detail even in noise.
- Detects the type of content and optimizes the audio accordingly for a real-life audio experience.
- HDMI input method allows to connection all modern televisions include Samsung UHD television.
- Bluetooth connection allows to connect multiple devices at the same time include Bluetooth TV.
Best Cheap Bluetooth Sound Bar: BYL S6520-3
If you consider value for money, this high-end solo soundbar is a perfect choice. It comes in a small dimension and sleek design that easily fits a narrow space. Regardless of the purpose, the soundbar delivers top notch audio.
- Features dual 20W powerful speakers to deliver loud audio without music distortion.
- Optical input method to pair the audio device with your television at ease.
- Built-in bass delivers rich and powerful bass that makes entertaining content enjoyable.
- DSP technology to give optimized audio output depending on the mode – movie, music, news, and more.
- Bluetooth 5.0 for wireless connection and pairing mobile device, tablets, and other Bluetooth supported devices.
Best Budget Surround Sound Soundbar with HDMI/ARC: Klipsch Cinema 400
As mentioned before, here I have picked products from different price ranges, this Klipsch Cinema 400 is a bit expensive compared to others. But if you consider value for money, this unit would be the best pick.
- 40 inches 2.1 Soundbar with 400W audio output to enjoy all kinds of entertaining programs.
- With 5.1 decoding technology, it provides virtual surround sound for theatre-style audio.
- Powerful individual 8″ wireless subwoofer provides heavy and deep bass.
- Bigger speakers to cover all sizes of rooms without any audio distortion.
- Supports HDMI/Arc for flawless connection with your television.
Best Soundbar Under $400: Sonos Beam
The Sonos Beam soundbar is for people who like convenient audio devices with easy operation. Despite a sleek designed product, it has the full power to deliver top notch audio at home.
- Delivers detailed audio and gills the entire room for virtual 3D surround sound.
- Built-in Alexa for voiceover control and it is easy to use.
- Multiple controlling options – Sonos app, Airplay 2, remote, voice, and more for users’ convenience.
- Easy to expand the audio system with built-in Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Wireless music streaming with Bluetooth connection to play music directly from a phone.
FAQs on Cheap Soundbars
Can a cheap soundbar deliver 3D surround sound?
For real 3D sound, you need to use multiple speakers including rear speakers, and that would cost a lot. But some cheap products feature virtual surround sound with advanced technology. However, the audio quality won’t be the same.
Is it possible to get Dolby Atmos in an affordable soundbar?
Usually, Dolby Atmos soundbars are a bit expensive. You may need to spend more than $500 to get the feature. You can, however, find other Dolby audio technologies in cheap soundbars for better audio output.
Why do most cheap soundbars come without a subwoofer?
A subwoofer is an audio device that enhances the bass and gives a better audio experience. This item itself is a product and has a good price. That is the reason cheap soundbars don’t come with a subwoofer.
Cheap soundbars vs TV speaker, which one is better?
The built-in TV speaker usually delivers a regular audio output while a soundbar optimizes the audio and delivers better quality. For usual things on the TV – news, TV shows, etc. you can rely on the default speaker. But for movies or gaming, the soundbar is always the better option.
The products that I have reviewed in the best affordable soundbar list are unique and stylish. Regardless of your price range or affordability, you would find something for yourself. So, check the list and pick the right one according to your budget and demand.