Maybe you cannot have a home theatre within your budget, but you can have at least a 2.1 soundbar. But you must need to find the best 2.1 soundbar so that it could deliver top-notch audio at home.
Based on the brand and the product model, different items would offer a variety of features. For someone new to soundbars, it is like an unsolvable puzzle. Especially, products in the same price range make it difficult to go for a particular one.
In this article, I have picked the top soundbars with 2.1 settings. Each one has some uniqueness and doesn’t match with each other.
Top 10 Best 2.1 Channel Soundbar Reviews
I didn’t have chosen random products, instead, I have considered the features, price, ease of use, and overall performance to make the following list.
SAMSUNG HW-T450 2.1ch Soundbar
Though SAMSUNG HW-T450 is a 2 channel soundbar, Samsung implemented all their latest technologies in it. From movie lovers to gamer lovers, everyone would like this unit for its extraordinary performance.
- Powerful wireless subwoofer for easy installation and deep bass for music and gaming
- Smart Sound technology detects the type of content and optimizes the audio for a better experience
- Bluetooth connectivity allows for wireless connection with Bluetooth compatible televisions
- Dedicated game mode to connect the console directly with the soundbar for HD audio
- Samsung TV remote works with this device to control the sound settings
Polk Audio Signa S2 Ultra-Slim TV Sound Bar
If you are looking for flawless audio output, go for this Polk Audio Signa S2 Ultra-Slim soundbar. This device supports HD contents in 4k resolution and less sound distortion at maximum volume.
- Super slim and compact for hassle-free installation in the wall mount style
- Full range drivers and wireless subwoofer deliver rich and enhanced audio
- Performs outstanding with 4K televisions with the HDMI connection
- Built-in Bluetooth feature allows for music streaming from third-party platforms including Spotify and Pandora
- Dolby Digital decoding ensures room-filling audio and Polk Adjust Technology for dialogue clarity
TCL Alto 7+ 2.1 Home Theater Sound Bar System
If you like minimal things or there is less space for an audio device, the TCL Alto 7+ is an ideal soundbar for you. As the name suggests, the device is designed for theatre style audio at home.
- Wireless subwoofer allows for seamless installation and delivers heavy bass
- No problems with high volume – it is tuned, and there won’t be any sound distortion
- With the main speakers, it comes with twitter for dialogue clarity and noise free audio
- Three different preset modes – movies, music, and news for enhanced audio
- Besides HDMI cable connection, it includes Bluetooth connectivity for music streaming from Bluetooth supported devices
JBL Bar 2.1 Channel Soundbar
Undoubtedly, JBL is a trusted name for audio devices, and they have brought this 2.1 soundbar at an affordable price. It is compact but powerful for top-notch audio output from your television.
- Delivers 300-watt audio for clear and loud sound from the television
- For a theatre like a feel in the audio, it comes with the integrated Dolby digital sound system
- Easy to install wireless subwoofer for deep and rich bass for music, gaming, sports, and more
- Available HDMI input, AUX, and USB as the wired connection
- Bluetooth connection for direct music streaming with any Bluetooth enabled device
LG SL5Y 2.1 High Resolution Sound Bar
The LG SL5Y 2.1 soundbar is an ideal product for those who are looking for heavy bass – especially game lovers and music lovers. Sleek design fits any narrow space including tabletop. It also fits for wall mount.
- 15.5-inch subwoofer with heavy power to deliver rich and thrilling bass
- Automatically detects the type of content and optimize audio for comfort to your ears
- 24-bit/96kHz audio output gives almost the same feel as the real world
- Compatible for rear speakers – you need to add an expansion kit to add speakers
- Flawless wireless connection with Bluetooth for music streaming with mobiles and tablets
PHEANOO 2.1 CH Surround Soundbar
Struggling to find the best budget soundbar with 2.1 channels? This PHEANOO device is the thing that all you need for real surround sound.
- Easy installation in the wall mount style or tabletop – all required accessories are included
- Features DSP technology for room-filling surround sound and deliver theatre quality audio
- Wooden made individually powered subwoofer for outstanding rich bass with the deepness
- Comes with smart remote for easy operation, which also allows for switching between movies and music mode
- HDMI ARC, Bluetooth, Optical, USB, and AUX input connectivities are available
Insignia NS-SBAR21F20 2.1 80W Soundbar
In this list of the best 2.1 soundbar, Insignia NS-SBAR21F20 is the cheapest one. If you are annoyed by built-in TV speakers, grab this item which delivers loud audio with clarity.
- 80-watt speakers for loud audio to cover the whole room
- Dedicated subwoofer with wireless connection for deep bass
- Ideal for movies, regular TV programs, sports, and news
- Optical digital audio, mini jack, and 2 RCA input method for easy connection with the TV
- Built-in Bluetooth allows streaming music from Bluetooth enabled devices
Sony HT-S350 2.1ch Soundbar
Sony has a long reputation for top-quality sound products, and the HT-S350 Soundbar is one of their stunning creations. The audio output from this device is enough loud and clear for comfortable hearing.
- Reach and deep bass for music streaming and watching movies with theatre-style sound
- Ideal for a larger room with 320W audio output comparable to expensive products
- Easy to navigate remote controller for hassle-free audio controlling
- Voice enhancement technology to optimize and enhance the voice part from the audio for clarity
- Virtual surround sound technology with S-Force Pro feature to give room-filling sound
- HDMI arc for smart TV connection and Bluetooth connectivity for direct music streaming from mobile and tablet
VIZIO SB3821-C6 2.1 Sound Bar
Regardless of the device, you can use this VIZIO 2.1 SB3821-C6 sound bar without any issue. Despite an inexpensive soundbar, it delivers outstanding audio that suits movies, gaming, music, and more.
- Wireless powerful subwoofer with the capacity of connecting from up to 60 feet
- Features Dolby digital decoding and DTS technology for surround sound
- Only 1 percent harmonic distortion for clear and premium-feel audio with deep bass
- Built-in Bluetooth technology to connect all type of devices including PC
- Convenient remote controller with all settings to get precise audio performance
Yamaha ATS-1080 2.1 Channel Soundbar
If Yamaha is your first choice for any audio device, I would recommend this Yamaha ATS-1080, which is powerful but inexpensive. It is a super compact soundbar that fits within a narrow space on the TV stand.
- 4K UHD pass-through technology for compatibility with modern televisions
- Wide range of wired connections – HDMI, Optical, and Analog connectivity
- Auto lip-sync to enhance the voice from movies or other TV programs
- Features Dolby digital for high-end audio output and theatre like sound
- Suitable for wireless music streaming with the built-in Bluetooth connection
2.0 VS 2.1 VS 2.1.2 Soundbar – What are the Differences?
While trying to find a good soundbar, it is often confusing what does 2.1, 2.0, or 2.1.2 mean. I hope the following discussion will make everything clear.
2.0 soundbar means it doesn’t have any additional device except the soundbar. It will have 2 channels, which means two speakers, which are on the left and the right.
A 2.1 soundbar comes with 2 channel audio system with a dedicated subwoofer for bass. The soundbar will have two speakers. It mostly uses with televisions for better sound quality.
A 2.1.2 soundbar means it does have a subwoofer, two speakers, and two rear speakers. This setup best suits for 3D surround sound. For theatre style audio output, a 2.1.2 soundbar is the best option, and it usually costs more than the above two styles.
Can a 2.1 soundbar really deliver surround sound?
If the product is labeled as 2.1, it means there is no rear speaker. But it can, however, virtually deliver surround sound. It won’t be the same as a soundbar with rear speakers.
Can a compact soundbar deliver the same type of sound as a larger one?
It depends on the product. But generally, a large soundbar may have more drivers for better audio. Also, if you are considering the subwoofer, extra tall means it has more capacity for delivering thrilling bass.
Is a 2.1 soundbar compatible with mobile?
Devices that come with Bluetooth connectivity normally have the capability of connecting an additional device like a mobile or tablet. However, I suggest checking the product description to be sure that you can use it with your smartphone.
Is a wireless subwoofer better than a wired one?
Wireless means you can combine the subwoofer without any wire. That usually doesn’t interrupt the audio quality. But, if you consider power, a subwoofer with an individual power connection is better.
Can I add rear speakers with any 2.1 soundbar for a better 3D audio experience?
You can add rear speakers to your existing soundbar only if it has an expansion kit. Some brands separately sell the kit that enables the soundbar to connect rear speakers. For instance, LG SL5Y 2.1 is compatible with the expansion of the device.
Grab the best 2.1ch soundbar from the above list that best matches your requirements. All of these products are compatible with televisions. Other than them, there are similar products, but I have avoided them because of either high price or low quality.
If you have a special type of TV at home, you must check the compatibility of the soundbar to be hassle-free after purchase.